End-of-Life Ethics examines, using a case study approach, the ethical issues and dilemmas that emerge at the end-of-life. Ethical decisions at the end of life provide a point where all the factors that influence end-of-life care such as finances, laws, values, culture, and technology converge. The decisions that are made at the end-of-life affect not only the way that the person dies, but also the ways that survivors face the loss. These decisions may influence staff – affecting morale and turnover consequently directly influencing patient care as well as families struggling with grief. This program explores ethical dilemmas that are likely to arise at the end-of-life, the principles of ethical decision-making and the effects of these decisions on staff and families.
- Timothy R. Arsenault, MA
- Karen Bullock, PhD, LCSW
- Eileen R. Chichin, PhD, RN
- Kenneth J. Doka, PhD, MDiv
- Bruce Jennings, MA
- Hank Willner, MD
to registered individuals for 1 year after purchase
video is approximately two-and-a-half hours in length + 3 selected chapters of HFA’s companion book (approx. 30min reading time)
3 CEs are available for variety of professional boards - Board approval list
Included in cost of registration
HFA now offers CE credits for multiple participants through most Self-Study (DVD or online) courses! Contact HFA at 202-457-5811 or email us at email@example.com to inquire about CEs for multiple participants. Program access fees remain the same; CEs are included in course fees for the registered user and are $12 per additional participant per course.* Please note that self-study courses accommodate individual learners only unless prior arrangements are made through HFA for additional certificates.
View the full program information sheet.
HOW THE SELF-STUDY DVD PROGRAMS WORK:
– Purchase the course.
- View the DVD.
- Read the 3 selected chapters of HFA's companion book
- Follow the instructions provided to receive your CE certificate. An evaluation form and a short exam are a part of this process.
How online self-study courses work:
1. Register/purchase the course
2. View the course online through the link in your confirmation email or in your account.
3. Read the pdf chapters provided
4. Follow the instructions provided to receive your CE certificate. An evaluation and a short exam are a part of this process.
Please note: Use this test page to see if you support our video player. Mobile service provider charges may apply.